Friday, July 25, 2014

Are you surprised that I only waited 2 weeks to blog instead of 2 months? As am I.

Can we go off the subject of the Disney adventures for a minute and talk about the book, The Fault in Our Stars? (And no, I won’t give any spoilers if you haven’t read it. That happened to me with Harry Potter 6. I told Madi that, "I haven't read it so don’t spoil anything", and right after that she said, “Well, Dumbledore dies..” SERIOUSLY?) It is the best book. I just finished it and now I am so pumped to go see the movie. I just wanted to share that with you all.

So much has happened I don’t know where to start! So just sit yourself right down here at that thar invisible seat and we’ll just have a little that thar rehash of the past 15 days ya hear?

SO. The day after I blogged my last blog post. It was a Thursday. And on that Thursday, I experienced a blissful day.

I am laughing at myself as I write this. I am so weird.
K anyways, on Thursday, Splash and I went to Hollywood Studios for the morning slash afternoon. Can we just talk about how productive I was that morning? I went to bed at 2am, woke up at 6:30, and within 4 hours I:
  •   got out of bed
  • went to the grocery store across the street
  •  went to the ATM
  • washed, dried, and folded my laundry
  • exercised
  • showered
  • ate fooooood
  • packed my suitcase


I know, amazing. Ash and I went to Hollywood Studios, which seems to be my favorite park because it is, and we checked out the Frozen Land stuff. They have an ice-skating rink which is so cute, but costs money to skate on, so we admired from afar. On top of that, we went to the Art of Animation drawing class. Seriously, if you only know how to draw a smiley face and that fancy S that we all drew in fourth grade, then even you will succeed in this class. It is so fun!! They pick different characters and draw them. I can’t draw at all, but my drawings actually look like the characters! Disney magic, I’m tellin ya. Makin dreams come true left and right, that Walt.

















After we went to Hollywood, my roommate drove me to the airport. No, I didn’t get termed. Here’s what happened.

I was supposed to be flying to Arizona for a big family reunion (and when I say big I mean 500 people big), but it was cancelled because there was a wildfire right by the location of the reunion. Instead, my family decided to change our flights and meet up at Disneyland for a few days! It worked out perfectly because I still had passes to let my family into the parks for free, which was awesome. I didn’t realize how much I missed my family! I love those people. That weekend with them was probably my favorite weekend this summer. I thought that when I went home from the Disney College Program that I would be sobbing all the way home and be depressed for weeks after. After spending time with my family and away from my internship, I realized that I am going to be alright. Don’t get me wrong; I have had an incredible time and experience, but at the same time, all good things come to an end, ya know? I’m excited to go back to BYU and start fall semester (never thought I would say that) and get back into the swing of things. And HELLO, I am so excited to see my dog!!! That animal has my heart.






























Any who, if you can imagine, going back to work was a drag after that awesome weekend. I’ve been lucky though; we have had a LOT of weather closings at work lately. The other day was the craziest storm I have ever experienced in my entire life. It was sunny one minute and then literally within 5 minutes, the black clouds came in and we were closing for weather. When I say we closed for weather, it doesn’t mean we closed the park for the day and kicked everyone out. We close all the attractions and everyone has to get out of the water, and if there is lighting within 6 miles of the park we wait for 30 minutes until there is no lighting within 6 miles. It’s amazing how many times you hear the question, “When will the lightning stop?” in one shift.

There was a weather closing the other day and this little girl asked my coworker, “when will the park reopen?” which is a question we have don’t have the answer to. He is a super energetic and smiley person, and he enthusiastically answered, “Anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to three hours!” I was dying laughing inside. Maybe I’m just a sick and twisted evil lifeguard to find that funny… And I’m ok with that.

ANYWAYS. The storm. It was so insane. We (me and 40 guests) were all huddled under this little hut with tables. At first it was just normal rain, then it POURED hard and then it was windy. Usually the lightning is close, but not that close. This storm, the lightning came right through the park. Like, seriously, it was terrifying. There was a strike about 100 yards away from where we were at. It was SO loud. Of course, I screamed every time I heard lightning strike close by. Real professional, Jess.

I feel like this whole post is a bunch of random tangents, and for that I apologize. I feel like everything just blurs together these days. Oh! Something else that happened! My roommates and I went to the beach to see the sunrise (which was absolutely beautiful). We got there, and within 5 minutes of being there, we all started slapping our legs because of all the tiny little bugs that were eating us alive. We ended up leaving 20 minutes after being there because we were all getting bit! But it was so worth it. All of us look like we have the chicken pox, but at least we went through it together, right?





Unapologetic selfie that isn't actually a selfie with an apple on a beach.  



Anywhoozle, I hope this post was not a disappointment. If you are going to Disney Land any time soon, go to Mickey’s Magical Map show. It is so so awesome and worth it, so go! It’s right by Toon Town. 

Anyways, I have two weeks left of my program and I need to start livin on the edge a little more! K byeeee!

Oh wait. I forgot that I have a present for you. It's this. 



( In the Kool Aid man's voice) 
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment