Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I'm back!

I’m back! After 9 months of being busy with work and school, it’s finally time for some fun. I can’t believe that a year has passed by since I started my Disney College Program- it feels like yesterday! After a lot of thought, I decided not to repeat my summer and do the program again; it’s time for different adventures. This summer I’ll be interning with The Color Run (the happiest 5k on the planet). I’ll be working as an onsite sponsorship coordinator. Basically I work with the vendors and sponsors for that specific event and help out with putting together the event and all that fun stuff. I’ll be travelling throughout the summer to work at the events in different cities. I am super excited!

Before I document my trips, I want to document my first summer adventure with my cute lil boo. After school ended, Matt and I took a trip to California! Oh my goodness, we had a blast. Here’s a little run down of our trippy trip trip.

We stayed with my Aunt Bo who lives in Temple City, 30 minutes away from Disneyland. It could not have been more perfect! Aunt Bo is the sweetest and totally took care of us during out stay. We drove to California and visited the Santa Monica Pier just in time for the sunset (I’d never been there. It was gorgeous but freezing cold, so instead of riding the ferris wheel, we played some intense skeeball. You can’t go wrong there), then we went to the outdoor mall to get some clothes.









The next day we spent the day at Disneyland!! Thanks Liz, my old roomie at Disney World for 1) working at Disneyland right now and 2) getting us in and saving us some cash. We had a blast. And yes, I cried about 4 times that day. It was just perfect alright?! You would cry too if your love danced with you down Main Street. *Sigh*... ‘twas magical. We were able to get both parks done in one day; what a miracle. It was rainy in the morning, which was fantastic because we got so many rides out of the way! Good times.







The next day we drove down the Pacific Coast Highway and stopped at pretty beaches along the way. We ended up at Laguna Beach, where Matt had made reservations at a restaurant called Big Fish Tavern, which is on the second story of the building so it had a gorgeous view of the ocean. After dinner, we walked along the main street and visited art galleries, and one of the galleries had all the original Disney paintings in them! (You know those really gorgeous Disney paintings on display at the park stores that are insanely expensive? Those are the ones I’m referring to).




The next day (Sunday) we went to church and sang in Aunt Bo’s ward conference choir. Haha, that wasn’t planned. She lives in an older ward and we had a great time practicing and singing with the choir. After church we went to Long Beach and visited the Getty Villa. It was amazing!! Matt and I had just taken our civilization classes, so it was especially cool since we had just learned about everything we were seeing. Afterward, we made our way to the LA temple, which is HUGE HOLY COW! It is ginormous. I love how it’s right in the middle of the city. The neighborhoods surrounding it are just adorable.











The next day, we headed to Las Vegas, but we couldn’t leave Temple City without going to the Asian market! Aunt Bo seriously lives in China town. All the stores are in Chinese and they’re mostly bridal shops and tea stores. It’s amazing and hilarious. When we got to Las Vegas we kinda just walked around a bit before heading out- I liked Las Vegas a lot more as a kid than I do now. It was just alright.

Instead of driving all the way home, we spent the night at my Gramma’s in St. George. She lives 2 blocks away from the temple, so it was fun to go for a walk to the temple that morning before heading home that afternoon.



Best trip ever!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to follow your adventures again. You look amazing and so so happy, my dear!

    ReplyDelete