Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 1 & 2! The start of something new!

Didja see what I did there?

The past couple of days have been INSANE!! But in a good way. So many stories already! 


On Sunday, I packed everything up and flew all day with my friend and roommate, Ashley, to Orlando. I was feeling really sad about leaving my family, but after a while on the plane, I decided that I didn't want to spend my whole summer being homesick and an annoying baby. Hello! Earth to Jess! You are spending the summer at Disney World, ya whiner! It's not like I am going on a mission for 2 years where I can't call my family. So I decided I'm going to have as much fun as I can while I'm here. And I'm happy I did that; I am having the time of my life! 


On Monday, we checked in to our housing. We got to our apartment and found out that we were the only new girls; everyone had been living there for a few months already. There were 3 French girls and 1 American. We quickly realized that it was not a place we wanted to live. We are all in wellness housing, which means we are under 21 and can't drink alcohol (not that I would anyway, calm down). If you have alcohol and are caught, the whole apartment can be terminated and sent home. We found out that they are all hiding alcohol, smoke, AND sleep with their boyfriends regularly in the apartment. Ashley and I didn't know what we were going to do. 


A couple hours later, we went to our drug test (which I was super worried about passing ;)), and met a ton of BYU kids. One girl said that her whole apartment was empty and that she needed roommates! So we went over to the housing office, and with a little persistence, switched apartments. Our new apartment is SO much better. It's cleaner, we have vaulted ceilings, and it's right next door to the pool and the bus stop. Can you say blessed? The only thing that is the worst is that a girl who just moved out of our apartment told us there was a HUGE FAT RAT that was living in the attic. Which is in our room. Yep. The housing office said "It's been taken care of", so we hope that that means the rat is dead.  Please bless. 


We went to some other mandatory things like casting, where we filled out all of our legal forms. We made friends with some really hilarious people, Maddie & Clayton, and had a great time hanging out and going to our first FHE at the Orlando ward. 


Today we had nothing planned except my swim test at 6pm. We slept in until 11 (finally!!) and then Ashley and I decided we would go for a run. HA. Bad idea. It was sooo humid and hot. I actually really like the humidity, but exercising in it is a different story. We had nothing else going on, so we met up with our friends and relaxed at the pools for a few hours.  


And then I had my swim test. I found out that since I'm in shallow water, the swim test is 50 meters. YAYAYAYAYAYAY. So I know I will pass!! I took the bus to "Mickey's Retreat"(which my friends and I now call Mickey's Regret because of my typo when texting) where the swim test would be, but I knew that it would be cancelled because it was about to rain. I got there, they told me it was cancelled, and right as I was about to leave, it started POURING rain. It was the craziest storm I have ever seen in my life. It was like going through a car wash. The lightning was extremely close, so I sat in the pavilion for 45 minutes with a Cuban woman who didn't speak English. She would just talk to me in some language other than English, and I would just nod and laugh whenever she laughed. 


It feels like I have been here for so long, but it's only been two days!! It probably doesn't seem like I have done much, but we have been so busy. I feel like I have already done so many fun things, and I haven't even entered the parks yet!! That will be this weekend. :) 

And sorry there aren't many pictures. I will repent and take more. 







I'm not kidding, every person on the plane probably hated us. We couldn't stop giggling, making weird noises, making fun of the flight attendants, and singing the beginning of,"The Circle of Life". 






We found this in our drawers. We will follow our hearts! 












No comments:

Post a Comment