Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 2: WUZ GUUD IN YO NAYBUHOOD

Hey family!!

I'm so excited to write you this week. There is literally no time for freaking writing emails!!!!! It's such a joke. They're like "hey we really want you to write your families and share all your experiences, it's SUPER important. So you got 5 minutes. The church is true elders and sisters!!"

Man. Seriously what a week. So many things to tell ju about.

First off, I have probably seen 12-14 people I know at the MTC! It's been so fun to run into people and giggle and cry. I haven't cried. But at some point I will. Surprisingly I don't cry all the time which is good. I thought I'd be a mess.

I have been able to use my talents so much at the MTC! I play piano every day, and I am playing for sacrament and relief society again. ERMERGERSH GERS WHERT!! We got 2 new districts in our zone, and ONE OF THEM IS ASL ALSO KNOWN AS AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE. I am so so so excited. Me and Sister Pincock have been learning sign to talk to them and it's been a lot of fun. They are all really sweet. On Sunday I am going to play piano, Elder Bingham is going to sing Nearer my God to thee, and then one of the ASL members is going to sign the song. Ugh it's gonna be sick. Yesterday I saw a member of the branch presidency (we were waiting to go into a room to practice) and he says, "What are you elders and sisters waiting out here for?" and I was like "OH MY GOSH GUESS WHAT WE ARE DOING!!" I totally startled him. Lulz.

On that note, my 2 main teachers and branch presidency have been absolutely amazing. I was nervous I'd get stuck with some really sucky teachers but I have been amazed at their teaching and how much I've learned. I feel so lucky to have had them. #blessed

On Sunday we watched a devotional from Elder Bednar called "The Character of Christ". It was truly amazing. The biggest takeaway I got out of it was Christ always turns outward when we would usually turn inward. The moments when it's easy to be selfish and not help others are the moments when Christ would turn outwards.

We started teaching a real investigator in the TRC this week. K SERIOUSLY THOUGH IT'S BEEN FREAKING AMAZING. Her name is Kaylee and she's from Korea, and I am 99% sure she's a real investigator. We've taught her the first three lessons, and she's committed to baptism! But the biggest thing for me is literally I haven't taught a single thing- the spirit has. Last night we were supposed to teach her the gospel of Jesus Christ, and there were some things going on that made it so I was having a really hard time feeling the spirit and feeling ready to teach. Right before we got into our lesson we prayed to invite the spirit and everything, and the lesson was literally amazing. Me and Sister Pincock were moist with wet faces by the end. It was awesome.

I am literally a freak at the MTC. I run out talking in 5 different accents and bugging the crap out of everyone. I'll go into the cafeteria and be like BEEDEEPBOPBOPEBOOP I HUNGEE!! And everyone's like who is this martian. I love my district though.

The best part of the MTC is how much the spirit is with me. I have grown SO MUCH while being here. I am so excited to go out and teach and I am not even nervous. I know I don't have it all down and that I still have so much to learn and do, but **eyes open wider and turn to the ceiling** I'm not the real teacher here.

EVERYONE SAYS I'M LESLIE KNOPE. I usually end up on the floor in tears every time.

Giggly moments
- I heard a story where a nun attacked a missionary. These are the last days.
- Sister Pincock and I were talking about how our investigator was saying to us how she likes a lot of different churches but she just doesn't know which one to join. Sister Pincock throws down her pen and says, "Boy do I have a story for you." I kid you not we were crying from laughing.


I don't know what else to tell you other than it's been great here. I thought I would be such a mess and just cry and miss everyone and hate it here. But I don't which is a huge bonus. I leave Monday morning for Bakersfield and I'm so excited YASSSS.

MERCH LERVE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment