Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week 5: YOU GUYS GUESS WHAT?! eeeeeeeee!

Another week gone by. The days drag on and the weeks fly by. That saying could not be more true. I feel like yesterday it was Pday. Lots of things to tell ju.

Monday: Last Pday. The week before we found an investigator, Mary. She is an old lady who we met contacting who seemed promising but she couldn't remember her address and phone number. Lolz. So we were praying that we would find her again. We were shopping at the store and she was there!! We ambushed her with lerve and then we got her address and visited her that night! She lives in a trailer and is a bit of a hoarder. She has over 200 cook books in her house, and piles and PILES of books everywhere. It's amazing. She has given us tons of cool stuff so it's like Christmas every time we go over. Anyways. She's great!

Tuesday: We have sports night every Tuesday and Saturday night with the elders, investigators, and members. We always play basketball, and whattayaknow, I am horrible at it. Every time someone comes up to me when I have the ball I throw the ball and have a bloodcurdling scream. But I have been getting better!! Baby steps.

Wednesday: We spend the morning every week volunteering at city hall. It usually involves raking. It's a fun time. Our zone has a goal of finding 3 new investigators a week. We found 1 on Monday, but we needed to find 2 more. We were going to be gone for exchanges in Ridgecrest on Friday and Saturday so we were running out of time. We had 4 appointments that day, all of which fell through. We prayed that we'd be able to use our time meaningfully, and we started walking down the street from our appointment that fell through. Second person we talked to, new investigator.

The day before, we were on our way to an appointment and we had a plate of cookies. Our neighbor got out of his car as we were leaving and said, "are those for me?" We all loled and kept going. Turns out that appointment fell through, and we still had the cookies. Right before dinner I thought, 'we gotta give that man dose cookies.' We knocked on the door and he answered and said "Oh my gosh are you serious? Are those for me?" and in my head I was like 'THAT'S NOT THE ONLY THING WE HAVE FOR YOU!!' We started talking and he said that he's a baptist but he's always been interested in reading the Book of Mormon! WHAT?! Are you kitten me right meow. 3rd investigator. The Lord knows.

I have a problem. We'll be tracting and we'll knock into a house where the person is NOT intesterested whatsoever. Typically it will be a comment like "I keep telling you people, TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST!" and in my head I'm like 'You can't be taken off the Lord's list ma'am'. And we leave the house and I'm giggling and grinning like an idiot.

Friday: We had exchanges in Ridgecrest, about 2 hours away. It was so much fun! I was companions with Sister Bryan, who is in the Gundersen's ward and knows Shelby!! We had a blast. We ran into this house that is COVERED in Wizard of oz stuff. Like there are mannequins all over the roof and yard. It's kind of terrifying and creepy. But beautiful in a way.

Saturday: The elders had a baptism!! I played the piano for it which was fun. Sister Wheeler and I had a "missionary moment" where we spoke and taught the restoration. Good thing I always go red. My neck was TOMATO red and everyone was looking down cuz they felt so awkward for me. And then after Elder Pacheco came up to me and said, "Sister Harmon, are you ok?? Your neck was SO RED!!!!" Thank you elder.

Sunday: Oh my GOSH!!!!! Our investigator Michelle came to church again with her 2 kids. She wants to be baptized but wanted to get baptized on Feb 24 for sentimental reasons. Sister Wheeler and I REALLY wanted to give a baptism as a gift to the Savior this year. We were praying all week and fasting that she would have her heart softened, and as it turned out, we weren't able to see her at all. So we were freaking out. Right after the elders confirmed their investigator in church, Michelle leans over to me and whispers, "How soon can I be baptized?" and I was like "GET CHANGED LETS DO THIS!!!!" I was so pumped!!!! She and her 2 kids are getting baptized the day after Christmas!!!!!!! BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEE!!!!!

That night we had a Christmas ward activity where we tried to invite nonmembers and less-actives. It turned out pretty good! They asked me to be the MC because they knew I could beat box. It was lots of fun. I didn't beat box. Just spiritual beat boxing.

Anyways k I'm done. Love you all!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS.

MTC pics:



First time tracting in Bakersfield with Sister Loar!



At the baptism and at the Christmas activity.!

No comments:

Post a Comment