Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Week 7: Post Christmas What It Do

Hey Family!

It was great to talk to you on Christmas. And also super weird.. Like ju are all steel ALIEEEVE!?? I'm glad you are all looking so nice and happy. Keep up dat guud work.

Here are some of the things I forgot to tell you and some of the things that have happened since our Christmas skype:

- Sister Wheeler is the best comp ever. She remembered me saying that we punch through a wall of wrapping paper to get to the presents under the tree, and on Christmas morning she had wrapped the doorway of our room with wrapping paper. I love her!!!

- After we skyped, Sister Wheeler and I went to a family's home that invited us for dinner. They are 7th Day Adventist Christians that we met at our Christmas activity a few weeks ago. They were SO NICE!!! Seriously I have never felt so much love from people I hardly knew. They welcomed us into their home (they had some other family and friends there too who were a little confused to see Mormon missionaries at their Christmas dinner lolz), fed us an AMAZING dinner (there was this corn bread casserole that has changed my life), and then they took us out and showed us all their animals (dogs, horses, goats, chickens. It took me about 3 minutes to work up the courage to pet the chicken. It could have eaten me!!). After we came back inside and they gave us all gifts, then they brought me and Sister Wheeler MORE gifts, and then they gave us homemade honey that they made (they have a bunch of bees), and then they awarded us the prize of having the best ugly sweaters. I am totally keeping that sweater for every Christmas. Sister Wheeler outdid herself on those sweaters.

- On Saturday MICHELLE WAS BAPTIZED DAS WUT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!! It was so so awesome. Her brother Ron who just received the priesthood baptized her. She looked beautiful and it was so great that we were able to reach our goal and give a gift to the Savior. Honestly, none of this work has to do with me. It's amazing how the Lord lets us play a tiny role in His work. He prepares the people, puts them in the right place at the right time, and then tells us what to say and when to say it so that they'll accept our message. It's pretty cool to get to play a small part in it.

- Apparently there is a very high possibility that both me and Sister Wheeler are getting transferred.... That's the rumor, or as Elder Pacheco likes to call it, "the prophesy". I have absolutely loved the Elders and the senior missionary couple here. Bishop wouldn't be the same without them.

Well this is a short email but I will write more next week. Peace and blessings and have a fun new years!!! We are going to go out for sushi with a member (Sister Mclaughlin), and I am making her wear the Sponge Bob party hats I bought. Should be exciting.

Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment