Saturday, January 16, 2016

Week 8: I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED

I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED!!! Yep. Y'all heard me. I am just as surprised as you are. We thought that either both sisters would be taken out of Bishop (we are losing a lot of missionaries this transfer) or that we would both stay- especially me because I've only been here 1 transfer and people usually stay in Bishop5-6 months. But I am going to Bakersfield!!! I'll be serving in Stockdale, which is West Bakersfield. They have Chipotle. They have Walmart. They have Winco. What a dream. Lolz. We are leaving today. We are staying the night at the STL's house in Ridgecrest, then we'll drive down the rest of the way tomorrow morning.

I feel like the past week has been such a blur! Most of it was uneventful because both me and Sister Wheeler were sick a different times this week. But we did have a crazy crazy day on Saturday trying to see all of our investigators and members to say goodbye. One of my favorite investigators, Mary, had the funniest reaction when I told her I was leaving. She's the one that's 84 years old and is kind of a hoarder..Love her. Every time we come over she says the following things:

"Honey ya got any matches? I'm gonna light this place on fire and be done with it!"
"Take me to jail!! It's so nice there. Free meals and I don't have to talk to any of my kids!"
(When she walks us outside to our car) "Oh my GOSH! Would ya look at those stars! Isn't it amazing? And to think that they're made just for me! You're just lucky enough to look at them!"

I know right? Ugh I love her. Anyways, she was legitimately upset when she found out I was leaving. For about 5 solid minutes she kept saying, "WHAT? No! No. No. No. I'm not going to let this happen. You can't leave. Why would they do such a thing? To you, to Bishop, and to especially me!!!" After we calmed her down, I told her I had a gift. I got a box of mini matches and wrapped them up so that she could light her house on fire whenever she wanted. Instead of laughing because it was a gag gift, she though the matches were the most adorable thing and she went and put them in a safe place. I'm gonna miss Mary.

New Years Eve was fun! Sister Mclaughlin, a member, took us out to eat sushi. I bought SpongeBob party hats and made her wear them with us in the restaurant. We got a hilarious picture of it. Then we came home and we blew up balloons, taped them to the wall, and then we taped needles to pencils and threw them like darts. You really have to get creative on the mission. Lolz.

Yesterday was testimony meeting and it was a pretty emotional day. All 4 of the missionaries got up and bore testimonies and it was really awesome. We've had to teach gospel principles every Sunday, and this last Sunday they made the missionaries who are leaving, me and Elder Thunhorst, teach. It ended up being my favorite lesson I've ever taught. The spirit was so strong and participation was absolutely fantastic. I'll miss those members.

Well I don't have much time but I hope you are all doing well!! If you haven't made New Years goals yet GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND MAKE SOME! Jk but really, make this year better than 2015! Tootles!

Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment