Saturday, January 16, 2016

Week 9: Bishop => Bakersfield

So I got transferred! Sister Wheeler and I drove down to Ridgecrest Monday night to stay overnight at the STL's. I am gonna miss the stars in Bishop. They are so bright!! Anyways, we got down there and the STL's told us that every first Pday of the month missionaries get free TACO BELL. ARE YOU KITTIN ME RIGHT MEOW. So glad I don't serve in Ridgecrest. Lolz.

Tuesday we got to Bakes for transfer meeting. That is the last transfer meeting- the brethren don't want us to have them anymore, so we aren't having them anymore. I'm not sure how transfers will work now but we'll see. I got my new comp, Sister Perrin. She is from northern Idaho from a town with 900 people in it. So something like Bishop kinda. She is really, really great. She is super type A so she's just like me. She is making me work work my butt off so it's gonna be a good transfer together. We also have fun together so I am really excited. She is incredibly caring. She is super on board with my health and tells all the members that feed us about my diet restrictions, and she said she's going to eat just like I do. I KNOW RIGHT. I am so grateful. She's been out 6 months. 

I'm serving in Stockdale, which is West Bakersfield. It's super rich. Like, so rich. We knock on these mansions and grumpy cats usually answer the door. It's fun. Apparently it's the hardest area in Bakersfield, according to everyone I've talked to, and President said there are a lot similarities with Bishop and Stockdale. But the members are really awesome, they feed us every night, our ward mission leader is enthusiastic, and the bishop is wonderful too. AND HI IT'S SO MUCH WARMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's still been colder, but "cold" is 45 degrees. Boo hoo. It's crazy how much fog we get every morning- you can hardly see anything!! We've been getting a lot of rain because of the el nino. Which I never agreed to but that's ok. 
Oh my gosh. And the palm trees. I think God made palm trees just for me. Every time I see a tall palm tree my spirits just raise the roof. The skies are also so big here. It reminds me of Florida, which I love. 

Our apartment! It's in a gated little community of apartments, and it's sooo big!! We just barely got a couch and we decided to put it in our room. Lolz. We each have our own bathroom too. I LOVE IT!!!!! 

Ok. So this week Sister Perrin and I were focused a lot on finding. We went and saw a lot of potentials, and did a lot of tracting. We were nearing the end of the day and we really wanted to find some people. We prayed and asked where we should we go, and the Warrenton street came into my head. We went to Warrenton street and parked, and the number 223 came into my head too. So we started walking down the street looking for this house. The whole time there were a group of teenage boys skateboarding down the street. We got to a house that had those three numbers in them so we thought what the heck, lets try it. Nothin. We turned around and one of the boys was just chillin in the street on his skateboard. We started teaching him and then all his friends came over and asked what we were doing and the kid said, "They're talking to me about God". They didn't seem turned off so we started teaching all of them! IT was soooo so awesome. They were all 14 and when we got to Joseph Smith we said, "And guess how old he was? 14, just like you!!" And they were like no wayyyyyy. And I was like ya wayyyyyyyyyy. We didn't have enough Book of Mormons so we had them download the Book of Mormon on their phone! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It was seriously so fun. And then we all prayed together and committed them to baptism. We are gonna visit them altogether on Wednesday. We'll see what happens! 

Anyways, we are going to go to WINCO to get groceries. Sweet mercy. I am so happy. K love you byeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment