Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 10: Hoverboards. Dangerous Hoverboards.

Well whattayaknow. It's Monday again.

Real quick here is what happened this week!!

- I had a conversation with a spanish man. I literally was just saying spanish words that sounded good to him and he responded like I was saying the right words. My comp said we had a conversation that made sense!!!! #giftoftongues

- I rode on a hoverboard last night and definitely ran over my own foot. It's all good though.

- I have a firm testimony of specific prayers!! Lately we have been saying specific prayers for our investigators and for where we should be and what we should be doing in our area. It WORKS. Also I said a specific prayer that I could get my hair colored for cheapo and guess what. I am getting my hair cut and colored for 15 dollars. IT WORKS.

- Sister Perrin and I have really tried to focus more on just loving the people. It has made things so much better. When we are really trying to love them and honestly just trying to help them in any way possible, they can feel it and everything is so much more natural and better.

- The other day we went over to see some people and they weren't home, but there were a bunch of guys playing pool in their garage the next door over. We started talking to them. Sister Perrin started playing pool and teaching the guys the restoration, then the mom came out and I started talking to her and teaching her the restoration. She is AMAZING. We started talking and she was telling me that she has so many questions but no one can ever answer them. I randomly started teaching 1/2 of the plan of salvation and then the second half of the restoration to her as we were talking. She was like "wow. everything that you said makes so much sense." And then when I gave her a Book of Mormon she was so touched!! Can't wait to go back this week and see her.

- We are helping our district wake up at 6:30 every morning. Sister Perrin and I love to wake up early, so we decided we would be in charge of calling everyone to help them get up. The first morning we called the sisters, and they were so chipper and sweet when they answered the phone! Then we called the Elders. **ring ring** "I'm up." LOLZ.

- I hear it's been snowing a ton?? I am so so sorry for you. Truly. I would cry.

-Our investigator got married on Saturday! We got to go to their wedding at the church and it was so sweet and fun :)

- OH MY GOSH ok so we had exchanges this week. At night the sisters and us cut glow sticks in half and threw them all over the room and all over us and had a dance party to enya. Ugh it was amazing. Except the room smelled SO bad after that we all had to sleep in the front room. We used like 30 glow sticks. Lolz.

- Not gonna lie, the mission is the hardest thing ever. WHY IS IT SO HARD. It's because if you want to do it right you have to give your entire heart and soul over to God and it's not easy. That's what I've been working on this week. We'll get there.

I hope all of you are doing well and doing your best!! Love you so much and have a good week!!






                                                        Glow in the Dark Dance Party





No comments:

Post a Comment