Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 36 - Family!

Oh my gosh the church is true.

Miracles on miracles. 

FIRST OFF. 

Kayla. The part member family. On Tuesday we had a lesson with them. We knocked and guess who answered? Her husband Josh, the member! He is usually never home and he was so nice and invited us in! We chatted for a good bit (oh my gosh it was so funny, it got brought up that I worked at Disney World and Kayla was like, "Oh my gosh, it all makes sense!" hahaha!!) and then we showed the Restoration video. Josh left as soon as it started, and then his blessed 2 year old daughter went and pulled him back in and he sat and watched it! He was like, "Hey I've seen this before". And we were all innocent and were like "really??" After we started asking Josh how he gained a testimony when he got baptized 10 years ago. He started talking and said that he always felt it was true and that there were just some things that had happened that made him leave. We waited and then were like, "Do you wanna tell us?" haha. Kayla was like, "he won't even tell me!!" But we kept talking and then out of the blue he was like ok I'll tell you! And just totally opened up!!! We committed him to pray about coming to church this Sunday and then as we were leaving he said, "I don't know why I opened up, I just felt super comfortable telling you guys." EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! 

This family is seriously so special to me. 6 months ago, we were in the area and decided to knock "one more door". It was their door. They were not on the records of the ward at all. After 3 months of going over every so often and stopping by, we finally started teaching them. The dream was to have them all come to church together as a happy family. Well guess what happened yesterday at church. THEY ALL CAME TO CHURCH TOGETHER. We had a whole row taken at church. I was so happy I wanted to scream. Their daughter, Brianna, went to girls camp, and that Sunday in sacrament meeting the girls got up and shared their experiences from camp. It was amazing. Brianna told one of the girls at camp that she really wants to get baptized. I have passed out multiple times this week.

Second miracle and then I'm done cuz my hands hurt typing. 

On Tuesday the STL's asked to do a mini exchange with us for 2 hours. I was with Sister Wheeler, my trainer. It's so fun having her close all the time! The day before Sister Wheeler's gramma had said she had a lady she knew in Bakersfield and wanted her to go see her. Turns out she was in our area! We went there first with no answer. We knocked a couple doors, and then I looked at our plans. I had already tracted this street before so I was like ehhhh lets get outta here yknow, but I looked at the plans in my planner and they just looked like chopped liver to me. I felt like we should stay. So we kept knockin. We knocked into this really nice man's house. I asked him how his day was going, and he said that his cat had died and it was really hard for him. He grew up an orphan, no siblings, no spouse, no kids, and he had that cat for 19 years. he found it in the trash can :( Sister Wheeler randomly said, "Well we know that even our pets will be resurrected and we will be able to see them and live with them again." He started bawling. He had been praying for a week asking if he was ever going to see his cat again and then we show up at his door. We told him it was not a coincidence, and we talked with him and taught him for an hour. IT. WAS. AMAZING. We were all weeping at the end. He gave the sweetest prayer too. I love investigator prayers. THEY ARE THE BEST. 

District meetings are seriously my fav. After our meeting we inevitably have a made up rap battle and play the piano. What is life. We have a very diverse district. We have a Puerto Rican, a Polynesian, a Kazakh (Sister Hayes was adopted from Kazakhstan. Did I tell you that?), and then a woman of color, me. And two white elders. It's a lot of fun. 

OK BYEEEEEEEE.

--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment