Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 40: What's Good?

September 5, 2016

It is MONDAY MY DUDES.

Alright a few things to mention. 

On Monday we went to see this investigator. He got into anti- Mormon CRAP and we said that we would be more than happy to answer. Well 3 hours later and 20 WASTED TREES OF FALSE INFORMATION, he said he didn't get any answers to his questions. It was a bummer for him. We left the appointment and I was feeling great- my testimony was strengthened and I knew the truth so I could move on and keep doing me. What makes me sad is that he doesn't feel that way. He still has a thousand questions and isn't on the path to finding them. You will never know truth if you go in doubting. 

So yesterday it was 90 degrees and both Sister Hayes and I were like, "We need jackets and Ugg boots!!!" We have turned into weird creatures. 

FAMILY HISTORY WORK IS AMAZING. I repeat, FAMILY HISTORY WORK IS AMAZING. A recent convert in the ward named Earlene. Ahh Earlene. I love her. We had a lesson about the temple and family history work, and last week she came over to a ward members house and we helped her set up her family tree, and she found her great- gramma that she never knew about! I have literally never cared about family history work until my mission, when I realized that there are people chillin on the other side who want to be baptized too!!! WE HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY SO QUIT SHIRKIN AND START WORKIN. 

We went on exchanges to Oildale. All you need to know about Oildale is some people may call it the ghetto. It's awesome. We were walking down the street and there was a lady with a ton of kids and dogs in her front yard. We started talking to her and she told us that her husband is super abusive and he just got put in jail for stalking her, and so she is leaving California in 2 days so she can go into a hiding program for women and children. Can you just take 2 seconds and imagine what it would be like to be in her shoes? Now look at your own life. WE ARE SO BLESSED. I literally have no idea what we each did to deserve so many blessings and wonderful lives. We can't be selfish- we need to help other people out. 

I read 3 Ne 18:15 this morning and it says, 
"Ye must watch and pray always, lest ye be tempted by the devil, and ye be led away captive by him."
The commitment you made to follow Jesus Christ is a lifelong one. It's gonna require determination, diligence, hard work, grit, repentance, and faith. It's not a one and done thing. Thanks to my AMAZING YSA bishop last year, I have realized that our private religious practices are the most important thing any of us can do to help us stay on the path and ultimately reach our goal- celestial glory and ultimate happiness. DO NOT GET CASUAL. The minute you get casual is the minute that Satan gon get you and take you to your own personal hell. Seriously.

K BYYYEEEEEEE  
--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment