Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 38: My Peepsie Boos

August 15, 2016

I felt like this week was a year.  Holy cow.

Ok. Confession session. I would rather be sick than have a sick companion. There I said it. Or I wish there was netflix HOLY COW!!! It's ok though, this week we got permission to take one of the trio comps right next door to come out with me. Another beautiful Asian, Sister Kuang, from Taiwan. Oh my goodness I love her so much. We have always wanted to be comps and we had SO MUCH FUN IT WAS RIDICULOUS. 

I'll share a couple cool beans moments. 

I got to watch my companion get an MRI this morning. It was a magical experience. 

I hit my half-way mark. It feels like I just got here but it feels like I will die with a name tag on. There is no beginning. There is no end. Thank you for the awesome package especially the beach towel to remind me THAT I STILL CAN'T GO SWIMMING!!! ;)

So there is a set of sisters (the trio) that lives in the same complex as us. On Monday night we were at our apartment and I decided to go over to their apartment and ask them about something, I can't remember what. We walk out there and I go around the corner and I see Sister Kuang had just walked out the door. She looked at me and she started crying. I was like MAY-DAY MAY-DAY OPERATION STOP THE TEARS. There were 4 of us kind of surrounding her and she wasn't really talking, so I asked her if she wanted to go on a walk with me and talk. She said yes. After a few minutes of us walking she said that she was going through a really hard time, and she prayed and asked God to send Sister Harmon to their apartment, and then she walked outside. I KNOW. I was like whoooaaaaaaa, I had no idea. It was so cool.

2 other stories like that. 

We got a referral from the bishop of a woman in the ward who had her records removed 10 years ago but wanted to change her life. We called the next day to make an appointment with her. When we went over to her house, and we were talking with her and her parents (she lives with them and I know them really well). It was a really really emotional and spiritual experience. As we were talking she said, "So yesterday I was really struggling. I was praying and praying for God to help me and give me something to help me, and as soon as I got off the phone, you called." Yeah. Crazy. 

THEN. 
We FINALLY got to meet with this golden investigator we found. We had an appointment with him for Friday at 4, and at 3:15 that day, I randomly was like hmm gonna call Danny just to make sure we are good for 4. When we came over to his house, he told us that he had been praying and asking God that he could get an answer to know if this was true, and right when he ended his prayer he got our call. Seriously sooo crazy!! The biggest takeaway is not that i am a psychic, but that sometimes we get promptings to do something and we don't think much of it, but DO THEM ANYWAYS. You never know who's prayer you are going to answer. The other cool thing is that God will use us as his instruments if we let him and we are worthy. So do what's right and don't be retarded!!! That's all I have to say. 

Aight. peace and blessings.  
--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment