Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 42: Transfers

September 19, 2016

What a crazy, emotional week. MY WORDDDD.

I am thankful for the many gifts I've been given. One of them being harassing people. LEMME EXPLAIN. 

I'm so sorry I'm giving yall a play-by-play on my sad life. Lolz. 

So President Layton is doing transfers totally different. Normally, we'd get a call on Thursday or Friday, and we would know if we were leaving, where we were going, our assignment, and who our comp is. Well President aint gon do dat no mo. We don't get a call until Saturday night or Sunday morning, and all we know is if we are staying or going, and then we find out all the other deets at transfer meeting. LITERALLY WHY DOE. Pure torture. 

BUT. For the past transfer I have bothered- that's the nice way of saying it- my district leader and zone leader to no end and told them if they know ANYTHING, they have to tell me. 2 weeks ago, my district leader called and said, "Sister Harmon pack your bags". and I was in complete denial. Then on Thursday night, we went to a Relief Society activity. It was called, "Favorite Things night", so I brought a glass bowl and told everyone how I dunk my face in ice water 3 times every morning and then dump it on my head. I'm such a freak. THE BENEFITS ARE INDISPUTABLE. Right after, my zone leaders called me and told me they found out for sure; I'm getting transferred. TEARS CITY BEYOND BELIEF. The next day Sister Hayes were punished with food poisoning. Haha!! 

So for 2 days I was pretty upset about everything, and then the Lord chastened me. The mission is reading the Book of Mormon in 65 days, and I was reading about Nephi and his RETARDED brothers who are tryin' to kill him. Then he's tied up on a boat and they are on the verge of sinking. And all Nephi has to say about it is, "Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions." 

OK I GET IT. I had a huge change of heart. I don't get to decide where I serve the entire time- and not even President does- GOD DOES.  Ugh I struggle. Once I realized that, everything has been way easier. I hardly cried saying goodbye to everybody the past few days. It's been great. I feel like I am ready to go and serve in another area. It's been 9 months in Stockdale!! It's been such an incredible blessing to be here this long. There are certain people that I am so so happy that I got to stay and watch progress, be baptized, and become. The Lord called me to Bakersfield on purpose- if I couldn't come back and visit all the time I would probably die. I've already planned like 10 Disneyland trips with 10 different people, haha! 

Yesterday we had a lesson with this investigator that a member invited to come to church, and that was all it took. She's been coming, and she's already in MOSIAH.  She is amazing. Then there was a party with the ward council and the 48 new people that moved into the ward. What an awesome way to end the week right before I peace outta here. 

Missionary work is the same no matter where you go. So it'll be all good.
OK BYE FELICIA

--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment