Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 37: Halfway this Week; What is Happening?!

The most eventful week of my mission!!! I got to discover every nook and cranny of my apartment, all day, every day!! Lolz.

Sister Hayes is really sick. They think she has valley fever, poor thing. So we will find out tomorrow what's happening with my sick child and the sisters that live right by us are a trio and one of the sisters will be my temporary companion until little Hayes starts to feel better. Here are some of the highlights from the week nonetheless.

I'm literally growing a horse tail, my hair is so long it's insane. #blessings

Yesterday during testimony meeting I kinda felt like I should get up and bear my testimony. Then our adorable little recent-convert Veronica said, "I kinda want to go up there." It was Heavenly Father telling me I needed to get up. So we both went up together. It was so sweet to watch her bear her testimony. 

Um so I also have a testimony of TELLING THE TRUTH. This week I saw an instance where one lie turned into a thousand lies and now that person is in a serious conundrum. They either tell the truth and go to jail or live with guilt. NOT A WAY TO LIVE. It reminded me of President Monson's talk from conference, "Choices."  
"It has been said that the door of history turns on small hinges, and so do people's lives. The choices we make determine our destiny.... May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." It is so true. It's always easier and better in the end to tell the truth and make that hard choice. We are always better off for it anyways. 

OH MY GOODNESS. We were getting a CT scan for Sister Hayes this week, and we sat down next to this old couple and said hi and the lady was like "Oh my goodness your complexion is amazing!!!" And then her husband was like "You are glowing!!" And we told them we were missionaries and they were like "well it makes sense that you have that glow because you have the Lord in your heart." And then as they were scootin away the cute old man turned around and said, "Keep glowing!" I KNOW RIGHT. 

TRANSFERS. TRANSFERS. TRANSFERS. 

For the past 7 1/2 months, I have been so open about the fact that I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE STOCKDALE. The assistants and us are good friends and they called us on Thursday and for 10 minutes they were telling me I was training somewhere else. I literally could not believe it. I HAVE BEEN PRAYING AND FASTING ALL TRANSFER THAT I COULD STAY. And then they said just kidding. I'M STAYING ANOTHER TRANSFER!!! I will have spent 9 months in this area by the end of next transfer!! I am so happy. 

So on Thursday I hit my hump day. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN. I remember my first week bawling every day thinking "I am literally crazy for signing up for this what is my problem?!?!?!" And now I'm like sweeeeeeeet. I am happy I have 9 more months to try and get myself together and be the person I want to be. 

Out of all the fun things I have done in my life, the mission is the one thing I am most happy I have done. It has changed me and helped me in so many aspects, but most of all my testimony. I HAVE A HUGE TESTIMONY and I can't wait to keep growing it the rest of my life. 

k LOVE YOU ALL :)
--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment