Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 11: Acrylic Nails for Less Actives

Hey family!

Oh my guuudness it feels like the week flew by and took a year too! Cray. Here is what happened. Also does anyone even read these? Meh. I'm not mad if you don't. Kk here is the low down.

Monday:
PDAYYYYYYYY. 6 of us sisters went out to Panera Bread for lunch. OH my gosh it was the best day of my life. I love Panera so much. We had the loveliest time giggling and praying over our food as everyone stared. Ahh. Mission life. <3 Afterward we did our usual Winco run. We decided to go ham and get everything- shampoo, tights, food, the works. We got to the register and some members we didn't know came up to us and told us THEY WERE GOING TO PAY FOR OUR GROCERIES. Literally flat-lined right then and there. It was a huge blessing because 1) I love free things and they were so so so kind to do that for us & 2) I realized I had like no money on my card. So BLESSINGS all around us.
Then we went and got our hair did by a member in the ward who was so dang sweet to dye and cut my hair for only 15 bucks. It was such a blessing.

The rest of the week:

- Yesterday was the best day ever. We have been working to have more productive ward councils and get our mission ward leader on the same page as us. We had the best ward council ever and the bishop made the biggest and best plug ever about missionary work in ward council. We were giddy. THEN ****drum roll plz**** WE HAD 5 INVESTIGATORS ATTEND CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!! I KNOW!!! We were literally jumping in our seats. It was so so awesome. We thought that 4 would probably show up, and then we didn't know it but our 5th one slipped in the back real quick. 3 of the investigators are in part member families, and it was so so exciting to have them there. President and Sister Wilson meet in our building for church, and they ended up coming to our sacrament meeting too. It was awesome. The bishops wife spoke and in her talk took 5 minutes to talk about how members need to get more involved in missionary work and involve the missionaries more too. My cheeks were literally burning from smiling so big. It was awesome. Then right before the end of the meeting, Bishop asked me and Sister Perrin to get up and bear our testimonies. I bawled of course. He did it so that our 5th investigator who came had a familiar face to see on the stand. Bishop is brilliant. After church we got in the car and just screamed for about 5 solid minutes.

This week we taught our investigator (10 year old girl) the 190 commandments. LOLZ. The 10 commandments. We had hand motions for all of them so she could remember them. Her dad who isn't a member came in the door and she was like, "Dad! Look I know the 10 commandments!" And when she got to thou shalt not commit adultery she said, "And you can't go on dates with girls except mom!" It was so cute.

We are currently working with a lady who isn't active anymore who has 2 daughters that aren't baptized. We started going over to go see her a couple weeks ago. At first she was kind of hostile, but her daughters LOVE us so we were able to get in the house and start talking. We came over last Friday and her daughter (9 years old) said, "Can I do your nails?!" And of course we said YES. Then she put on these long claw acrylic nails on both sister perrin and I. It was HILARIOUS. Sister Perrin grew up on a farm and has never gotten into makeup, hair, nails, or anything, and now she has these claw fake nails on. She had to take her contacts out with her pinkies. I was crying. We popped them all off and we're just gonna glue them back on right before we go back over tonight. They are making us dinner and we are gonna have family home evening together!!! Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.

The ward here is super fantastic. Everyone is starting to get more on board with missionary work. It's really exciting. I've gotten less nervous about missionary work. I've turned into the biggest creep and full on just go into people's garages if I hear any humanly noise. It's all good.

K so this email is literally a year long. I will stop. But we had a worldwide missionary broadcast with the brethren and it was so good. And the sisters who live in our same apartment complex exercise with us in the mornings and it is so much fun.

I just have a testimony of the spirit doing the teaching. On Saturday we taught the plan of salvation to a part member family and then the restoration to our other investigator. Both times after we taught we asked if they had any questions and how they felt and they both said, "You said it all so clearly, I totally understand and it makes sense." Literally not us at all. I feel like I am trying to speak a different language have the time, but the spirit makes up for it. Also, it's amazing how the spirit just tells you what question you need to ask or what direction you need to go when you have no idea what to talk about that will help the investigators. It's great.

Anyways, peace and blessings. Chow. Choa? Byeeeeeee.

Sister Moon Using Her Selfie Stick.  DYING!!!  

                                                         Sisters at Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment