Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 12: 5 cop cars and a ghetto bird (helicopter with the light)

MY FAMBALY WHAT IT DO.

Here's what went down this week.

Pday: Literally my pday dream came true. Another set of sisters and I all went to Chipotle for lunch. LITERALLY MY MISSION IS COMPLETE. We went into vans next door because Sister Newhouse needed some new shoes/she loves vans, and we started talking to the employee. Actually he started talking to us. Even better. We talked about our religion a little bit and we gave him 2 pictures of Jesus and a picture of the temple. Then he goes over to the cash register AND TAPES THEM ON THE WALL OF VANS. I know.

So Monday night was seriously faboo. We had family home evening with the less-active mom and her 2 unbaptized girls WHO LOVE US. They made us dinner, and then Faith (9 years old) comes up and tells us that she had this assignment at school to write a story, "And I wrote that my two missionary friends came over and I made them food and we had so much fun!" Ugh so cute. We had a great little lesson and we are making some great baby steps. We are going back tonight.

Then we had a lesson with Aliya, where we taught the 10 commandments at a family's house who has 6 kids. We have hand signs to help remember the commandments, and it was so fun to get everyone involved.

We were on our way home and we were leaving the gated community where these people lived. There is a helicopter that flies over Bakersfield shining a huge light that's called the 'ghetto bird'. They basically look for trouble. It was flying over and it just spotted our car and sat there for literally a minute. Like an idiot, I opened my door and got out and just stared like it was a UFO. Then we started driving down the road. A minute later we were at an intersection and I look around and see sooo many cop cars.
"Sister Perrin, there are so many cop cars around.. It's weird."
"Sister Harmon this is Bakersfield. There are always cop cars."
We turn left and then... 5 cop cars with lights flashing and sirens blaring pull us over. SWEET. I DIDN'T DO IT OFFICER MY COMPANION DID. Lolz. Turns out there was a robbery in the neighborhood we were in and they had the same car as us. Good story though.

We started volunteering at the American Cancer Society every Tuesday. I LERVE IT. We take inventory of banners and help get stuff ready for their event. It takes me back to my Color Run days hard core. It's so much fun.

IT SNOWED IN BAKERSFIELD. Well... The mountains. But yep. Snow. Y DOES IT FOLLOW ME?!

Every Friday we go over to the Bishop's wife, Sister Porter, and help her with her etsy shop making and packaging jewelry. I think that is probably the best service opportunity of all time. Not to mention we get cute JEWELRY!! For freeeee! It is so much fun. Love Sister Porter.

We have some great people we are teaching. It's a huge bummer when people do stupid things and cancel on you or choose to follow SATAN, but it's cool to watch people who actually read the Book of Mormon and pray and do those little things that can change their world.

The other day we were tracting. Ugh. Tracting for dayz. Literally I just want to chase everyone down until we all scream. This lady was coming out of her house and going to her car and I spotted her from across the street right as we were about to knock this door. Like a fierce lil cheetah I sprinted across the street, my eyes peeled on my un-baptized prey. "HI! HOW ARE YOU?" "Oh I am actually leaving right now I'm in a hurry!" "That's wonderful!! We are missionaries from the church..." Lolz. No shame.

Anyways we were tracting and we started talking to this 14 year old who "doesn't believe in God.. I only believe in Science." But actually though. We taught him the restoration and it was so sweet to see him realize that there is a God out there. It's so sad to think that there are actually people out there who don't believe in God or Jesus Christ. Can you even imagine.

Anyways love you all and keep emailing me BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE ALL DEAD WRITE ME!!!!!

Lerve you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment