Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 15: WHAT IS UPPPPP!!!

I feel like every time I email I am about to explode because I haven't talked to all of you in a week AND THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Ok. So many things to share.

Transfers. I STAYED. SAFE. Oh my gosh I never want to leave Stockdale please and thank you. I just sealed my fate and I'm probably going to get transferred next transfer. My new companion is Sister Bigler. SHE ROCKS. She loves parks and rec and disney and the same things as me AND IT'S AWESOME!!!!!! Ugh so so happy. Speaking of Leslie Knope, 6 people so far on the mission have said, "Oh my gosh, you remind me of Leslie Knope!!" THE LEGACY CONTINUES.

So last Monday Sister Perrin and I took out 2 of the new sisters out for an hour for their first time tracting. It was a MAJOR flashback to my first day. Especially because the sister I was with was going to Bishop!!! I can't believe that it's already been 3 months. But at the same time I totally can. Lolz. It was fun.

We got 12 referrals in one dayyyyy!! I'm pretty sure I flat-lined for like a solid minute.

So ya know how I always cry? I had this idea that I would be crying at every door step teaching the restoration and crying at every lesson. I bawled watching The District. So it finally happened. We were at a door talking to this lady and she started sharing all her deep stuff with us. I was talking about Jesus Christ and I totally started weeping. Like tears were streaming. She was crying and I was crying but it was so powerful!!

At District meeting last week I was in charge of the role play. I seriously have a problem because every time I have to get up in front of other missionaries I get so hyper!!! We did the role play and at the end Elder Warby was like, "Hey Sister Harmon, next time you do the role play you should drink a Monster. I'd love to see that." LOLZ.

AWWWW ok so our investigator Don came to church again!! It was so sweet. We went out to go see him in the cultural hall (he came in the back) and I went to go shake his hand and he went to give me a hug!! I was like "ahhhh so sorry we can't hug but you rock!!" It was so tender for me. I care about Don SOOO much. He is progressing so well. We have about 3 investigators who are on the cusp of baptism. I don't even know if cusp is the right word and I CAN'T GOOGLE IT EITHER!!

For service this week we've been painting animal's for the miniature Noah's Arc and Solomon's temple with Sister Porter, the bishop's wife. She's a seminary teacher and she goes all out. Doesn't that sound like the best service ever?

We had to go to Urgent Care yesterday for Sister Bigler. While we were in there Monsters Inc and Princess in the Frog were playing and it was like I was in another world. What is that world like? I can't even remember. Getting on instagram and having the freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want... I totally can't remember what that is like.

We knocked on this door and this guy answers. Blood-shot eyes. Hmmm. We start teaching him the restoration and he seems to be following along and getting it. Then we ask him to read Moroni 10:4-5. He literally just stares at the page so I'm like, "You can read it out loud." He keeps staring, and his eyes are like ALL OVER the page.

"Which 4 and 5?"

"It's the one right here."

"... Which page?"

So finally I just read it myself for him. Then he was like not making sense of anything so we just wrapped it up and said we'd come back later. I asked him, "What's your name?

"Who's name?

"Your name."

"Wait the book's name?"

Oh my GOSH!! Then we asked when we could come back and he was like, "Yeah I've been really busy. I've been doing...... a lot of reading." Yep you sound like a real book worm. It was seriously so hilarious though. Which 4 and 5? Sister Bigler and I were loling. But for real can we just take a second and appreciate the fact that we aren't hooked on drugs? WE'RE HOOKED ON PHOENIX THOUGH!!! Had to.

Also, Mosiah 2:41. And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

I love it because it is so simple and true. Everything that God asks us to do isn't because He wants to control us, but because he wants to give us blessings and help us have happy lives. I love sharing that scripture with investigators. I realized I never share anything spiritual in my emails... whoops. I'll try and get better at that.

Kkkk I love you all and PLEASE SEND ME MAIL BECAUSE I AM LITERALLY DESOLATE OUT IN BAKERSFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment