Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 16: They played Switchfoot in Sunday School. YOU HEARD ME

Oh my gosh ALIYA IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



i KNOW. Seriously best day and week ever. Her mom finally gave approval and she is gonna come to her baptism!! To say it's been difficult to get to this point and get a date set is an understatement. But it's all good.

Let's just talk about Aliya for a second. She is literally a mini me and I love her. She reminds me of Jenna (Jenna you can never be replaced you are my soul mate and my maid of honor so stay calm <3) and we have SO much fun together. I feel so lucky to have been able to teach her, especially teach her when she's now ready to be baptized. Elder Swain, the senior missionary in Bishop, said something so profound. "As missionaries, you are helping people get from A-Z, with Z being baptism. Sometimes you pick them up at A and take them to H. Sometimes you pick them up at H and take them to T. And if you're lucky, you take them from T-Z and they get baptized." I am so excited about Aliya getting baptized. I can't wait to stay connected with her for life and help her the rest of her life with anything she needs. UGH just love her!!

We watched 17 miracles with her last Saturday night. At the end she was like, "Did all that really happen??" YEAH sistafriend. Oh and this morning I totally convinced Sister Bigler that I had pioneer story where someone got totally decapitated on accident and they were able to sew their head back on because there was a doctor there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I know. She totally believed me. (you can take that story out for the blog if you feel like it)

WE HAD AN EARTHQUAKE THIS WEEK!!!!!!! 4.9!! We were in the church and it felt like someone had crashed into the building. It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we get more soon!!!!!!

So yes, let's talk about my subject line. BECAUSE IT HAPPENED. We went to Sunday School with Aliya, and the teacher was talking about the importance of good music. Then he said, "Sister Harmon, what's your favorite band and why do you like them?" Bad question to ask me because I literally almost jumped out of my seat because I was so excited to TALK ABOUT SWITCHFOOT. Then he asked, "Can you choose right here what song everyone should hear?" UM EXCUSE ME WHUT YES I CAN. So I picked the most inspirational one and he started playing it. I think I might have blacked out. Tender mercies.

IT IS SO HOT. It was like 85 the other day and someone said, "What great spring weather!"


We talked to a lady the other day. We walked up to her and I had asked her, "How has God played a role in your life?" and she goes, "Oh I have totally accepted God into my life, literally and physically. I see, feel, and touch him every single day." Hmmmmmmm. So we move right along into prophets, because what else are we supposed to do? Then she said, "Oh I believe that!! I am a prophet of Jesus." Hmmmm. Needless to say she will not be getting baptized soon.

Since most of my email is pretty ridiculous I'll share a spiritual thought.
So first read this:

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

I was reading that and I had the realization the other day that everything starts with our thoughts. EVERYTHING. The entire course of our lives starts in our brains. Every action you take, every time you react to something, every time you choose to do something good or wrong, anything and everything, starts with your thoughts. Sure, people do stupid things that you can control, but you can control how they affect you and how you react. It's really great and terrifying to think about. One one hand it's awesome because we have so much control!! On the other hand it's horrible because we have so much control!! But when I think about the perfect example, Jesus Christ, he was a master at controlling his thoughts. Having a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God starts with our thoughts. Choosing to feast upon the words of Christ rather than just reading to check it off the list starts with our thoughts. Continuing to do that every day starts with our thoughts.

kkk well today sister bigler and I are going to get free Chipotle right now for lunch. CAN LIFE GET ANY BETTER??! THE ANSWER IS NO!!!
Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment