Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 18: ANTHONY IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!

I feel like Oprah right now-- "You get a car! You get a car!! You all get a car!!!!!!!"

ANTHONY IS GETING BAPTIZED. I REPEAT. ANTHONY IS GETTING BAPTIZED.
Ugh oh my gosh I love them all so much. Anthony has had what we like to call an MCOH, or a mighty change of heart. He is amazing. We visit them every day and you can see his progression. The spirit works wonders. And so does a little bit of faith.  I cannot wait for Saturday. After Anthony's interview yesterday we came to the room with his wife and kids and I just started jumping up and down going "Ee ee EE!!!!!" Lolz. It's exciting stuff! His wife and I are waaay close and she texted us yesterday and said "I can't believe how much my life has changed in the past 5 months." The gospel really does bless families.

Kkkkk a little bit about anthony. He has been smoking since 8th grade and we have been working with him to quit it forever. We visit him every day, text him every day, and we are just ON IT 24/7. Well it worked!! He doesn't drink coffee, smoke, and he has stopped the iced tea too!! He is the father of a family of 3 kids, the youngest is 14. They are all members except him. It is so exciting. SO EXCITING.

We had exchanges this week and GUESS WHO I WAS WITH. MY MOTHER, Sister Wheeler!! It was sooo nostalgic!! I remember the days when we were in Bishop, dreaming of what it would be like to serve in Bakersfield. And here we are. Time flies.

SPEAKING OF I HAVE BEEN OUT 4 MONTHS WHAT THE HECK. Crazy.

Last night we had the weirdest and best lesson of all time. This guy, Gino, was a referral from the Spanish elders. He spoke good English so we started teaching him. Last night we came over for our first real visit with him and we were going over the restoration to check for understanding. OH my gosh it was seriously so funny.

We were talking about polygamy. He had a bit of an attitude throughout the whole lesson so I stood my ground too! After we were talking about it he was like "Well no wonder they stopped polygamy, I couldn't handle one of you!!" (pointing at me HAHA!!)

This week is our zone leader's birthday so yesterday Sister Bigler and I made cupcakes at the bishop's house. We are gonna surprise him with them at our district activity today.

K love you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment