Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 22: Today is My Birthday - Surprizzle!!!

(April 11, 2016)

TODAY I have been out 5 months. Cinco!!! So crazzyy.

This week involved 2 trips to Urgent Care. So fun!! An infection and a fever. I got the infection (of course) and Sis. Bigler got the fever. So there was a lot of time to sit and stare at the walls and ponder life's greatest questions. But we did have some awesome things happen this week. 

First, there were miracles. 

On Saturday we were tracting and trying to find our purpose in the area. We only had 20 minutes before we had to leave and we prayed that we'd be able to find someone. There was a house down the street that had a captain america rock formation on the house and Sister Bigler was like, "ooooo let's go there!!" I had already knocked it but I didn't shoot down the idea. We go knock on the door and a guy comes out and says, "Hi Sisters". We just looked at each other like wait wut. He said, "You just caught me at a really crazy time. I just hung up the phone and I found out my grandfather passed away. I am a member and I haven't been to church in over 2 years." CRAZY RIGHT?! Not an accident for sure. We talked for a while and he said that he was already planning on coming to church on Sunday. He came to church the next day and we had a lesson at a member's house, and he said, "You don't know how much coming to my door blessed me. I had already decided to come back to church and everything this Sunday, but seeing you there and talking to me showed me that Heavenly Father still loves me and is looking out for me". It was pretty amazing. 

Alyssa got confirmed yesterday!!! She is SO CUTE oh my goodness. She got up and bore her testimony too!!! I was shocked because she is so shy. She nailed it. I love the Stockdale ward so SO SO MUCH. I totally feel at home. 

Also I learned how to make jam!!!! WIFE MATERIAL just kidding I'm on a mission!!! 

K I love you all so so much!!! President Monson's message in conference was so amazing 
It has been said that the door of history turns on small hinges, and so do people’s lives. The choices we make determine our destiny.

Isn't that so true. There are so many choices that can alter day to day lives but also our futures. I have seen how people stop doing the little things- meaningful pray and scripture study, which leads to less church attendance and then leads to satan having more control on them and GUESS WHAT IT'S NOT GOOD!!! So just keep doing the little things!!!!! 

KKK see ya peace and blessings!! 
--
Sister Harmon


No comments:

Post a Comment