Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 35: MY PEOPLE

I have a testimony of NOT LYING. Last Monday we were at emails and 2 sisters were talking about how they needed a haircut. I don't know why but I volunteered myself and said that I know how to cut hair...? If shaving my barbie's heads counts then I am totes a hairstylist. Then the elders start raggin on me like THEY ALWAYS DO saying, "Sister Harmon has no idea how to cut hair." So I got all puffed up and said how experienced at hair-cutting I am. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!? The sisters got all excited and said they would buy some nice scissors and I was going to cut their hair that night. Right before going home, we went to a member's house who does my hair and I got a quick lesson on how to cut hair. I have never prayed so hard in my life. Their hair looks amazing and I even gave them layers so guess what have faith and the Lord will provide!!!!...at least this time He did…

So far I have seen 3 people from back home out here. There is a couple living in our complex and the wife looked so familiar, and we found out that we were in the same ward my freshman year!! Small world. 

Oh my goodness. The elders. We show up to district meeting and they're like, "Sisters, we are going to have a competition of eating oreos the fastest!" Sounds fishy already. I pulled the "can't have sugar" card and got out my camera to watch Sister Hayes eat something that was poisoned. Toothpaste. Classic.

Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL. We were in charge of sharing time at church, and the topic was pioneers and temples. We watched a movie about John Moyle, who walked 27 miles to work on the temple, even with a wooden leg. It was so nostalgic!! It made me think back to when I went with the YSA ward and did the same walk he did. Children are hilarious and ridiculous. Junior primary did not appreciate that video. Afterward I asked, "Did you like that video?" And 4 of them shouted "NO!!" HAHAHA. Then we were talking about how he had to walk the 27 miles. One kid said,
"Why didn't he just drive?"
"They didn't have cars back then."
"Did he have money?"
"Yes he did."
"Well then he should have bought a car!!"
Sound logic. 

Our investigator Kayla and her girls came to church. Ugh I love them so much I am going to adopt them when I go home. They have been going through a rough time (story of our lives) and we hadn't been able to see her for a week or so. When we finally came over she was in tears and said, "Just don't give up on me ok?" um NEVER. 

Last night we were trying to figure out what to do with our evening. We felt like we should go over and see this referral we had already contacted. She is SUPER nice, and a month ago we went and talked with her at her door and she was so sweet but said she wasn't interested because she was Lutheran. Then we felt like we should go over and just say hi a couple weeks later. They were busy but she said we could come back. We went over last night and stayed for 2 HOURS PEOPLE and talked and talked about faith, The Proclamation, and then gave her the Book of Mormon and she's gonna read Alma 32 WUT IT DO!!! She is so amazing. I love her. 

K I'm out, peace and blessings <3

--

Sister Harmon











No comments:

Post a Comment