Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 31: MCOH - Mighty Change of Heart

(June 13, 2016)

Okay, so there are so many things to tell ju all I can't even handle ittttttt.

So first. Monday. It was like the worst day EVER. I was to the point where I bawled and thought "I'm done. Packin my bags and flying to somewhere far away and peacing out." We went to Winco to get groceries and a lady ran up to us and said "sisters!!!!!! Sisters!!!" we thought it was just a member saying hi, BUT WAIT. She says to us, "I want to buy all of your groceries. Get whatever you want ok?" It was literally Heavenly Father just saying just keep going. It was really sweet. 

This week we had exchanges and they were in our area this time! It was AWESOME. We found some really solid investigators and 2 of our other investigators came to church!! YAAAASSS. One of the investigators is a part member family that wasn't on the records! We totes just tracted into them a few months ago. Ugh it was amazing. 

So I'm sure you have all hear about the Orlando shooting. We heard about it yesterday. Our investigator's girlfriend lives in Orlando and was planning on going to that bar that night, but at the last second decided not to go. Her friends went, and one of them got shot. After church our investigator came up to us and asked if we could talk. We went into a room and she told us everything and said she was going through a really hard time. We've only been teaching her for a couple weeks and she has told us that she struggles with LGBT kinda feelings and doesn't know what to do. We haven't pushed anything, we just loved. Seriously it's doing wonders. She just told us that she wants to break up with her girlfriend and wants to follow Christ but doesn't know what to do after the whole shooting thing. We said how about we say a prayer? It was so awesome. She felt a lot better. She's gonna find her way. 

Two cool stories:  All of our investigators are getting cancer, no joke. One of our investigators has had cancer for 11 years at stage 4, and she just found out that it's getting worse fast. We offered to give her a blessing and she said yes! It was so so awesome. Another one of our friends is starting chemo today, and last week one of the members who is friends with her gave her a blessing. It was really sweet too. 

President and Sister Wilson are peacin out of here in two weeks and I'm openly protesting. 

OH my gosh k on Saturday we got to go to the Stake pioneer day activity and I THREW HATCHETS JUST CALL ME MARK TWAIN.  Also that night we got to go to a reception. It felt like pday. Amazing. 

TOMORROW I GET TO GO TO THE LA TEMPLE I AM SO EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT. 

and then on Wednesday I start my mid-life crisis as I turn 23. 

Thank you so much for the package!!!! So much love. Love you all. 

--
Sister Harmon



No comments:

Post a Comment