Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 30: Another Week

(June 6, 2016)

Hey you guuuuuyyyzzzzzz! 

So our little investigator Veronica is getting baptized! She is so sweet and we love her to pieces. She's in a part member family. They weren't even on the records in our ward! We found the address in the area book as a former. We knocked on the door and found out that the mom is a less-active member and was baptized 6 years ago. Her daughter isn't baptized and they agreed to let us come teach them! So we've been seeing them for a month or so. It's been so cool to watch them grow. Veronica is getting baptized June 26. We can't wait! Yesterday Veronica was sick and she couldn't come to church. We came over that night and she made us a little book that said "I'm sorry I was not at church I was sick and I wanted to come to church but I couldn't because I was sick." It was so cute!!!! 

We have been teaching our investigator, a lady who has stage 4 cancer and has been like that for 3 years. We have been teaching her but things have been slow moving. She goes to a church that teaches anti (my FAVORITE!) and she really doesn't understand why she needs to get baptized again. She's been really sick and we went over and decided to share a video about the plan of salvation. Oh. My. GOODNESS. She and her son were like totally zoned in and they didn't talk and they watched intently and it was sooooo good. I was like FINALLY PEOPLE GET THE SPIRIT IN THE ROOM DO YOU FEEL IT CUZ I DO. So she's making some progress. 

um. IT IS SO HOT HERE IT'S RIDICULOUS. Seriously like 108 degrees I am dying. We knock on peoples doors and they open and they're like, "Man it's so hot outside!" and I'm like really I had no idea as I'm sweating buckets at their doorstep. Lolz. 

We are going to the temple next week and I am SO excited. Can't wait to see the LA temple and actually go inside it!! It's gonna be awesome. 

Hope you all have a great first week of summer!! 

--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment