Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 31: A Crazy, Great Week


(June 20, 2016)

Well all the exciting news has been shared before I got a chance to share it myself. I am having a baby and I'm training! I was so surprised when the AP's called. They called us and for 5 minutes I kept saying "NO NO NO NO NO NO!" Because I thought they were going to tell me that I was getting transferred but nope! Staying in Stockdale and training a greenie! Exciting stuff. I'm so sad to say goodbye to Sister Bigler. We have been together for 3 transfers and we have become great friends. It's all part of the mission.

This week was such a weird and awesome week!! We got to go to the LA temple and it was AWESOME. The LA temple is so huge and so beautiful inside. I loved it. We got to see sooo many missionaries too! It was so fun to be there all together. Then we got to go to lunch at Santa Monica Pier!! It was seriously de BEST. 

Wednesday was my birfday! It was great. We had lots of appointments and then we pulled a prank on the elders so it was awesome. Some members took us to dinner at BJ's and we had lots of fun together. 

On Sunday Aliya walked up to us and gave me a piece of paper. It was her temple recommend. SO AWESOME. I am so proud of her. We take her out with us like every day to lessons and it's so fun to watch her share her testimony. 

We are teaching this girl named emma. I think I mentioned her last week. She is doing so awesome. She texts us questions all the time and wants to learn everything. She loves coming to church and on Saturday we had a lesson at the church building and brought Aliya with us. They TOTALLY bonded and after the lesson and after Sister Bigler and I sneakily said, "Hey we don't have a lot of time, emma do you think you could give Aliya a ride home?" HA they did and then Emma picked Aliya up for church the next day! Friendship CREATED THROUGH INCEPTION. 

We are also teaching this other lady named Samantha. She is so so awesome. She's 23 and has a rough past. We came back for a second follow-up lesson and after we explained baptism she said, "can I just get baptized tomorrow?" YAS YOU CAN actually in 3 weeks but YAS!!! she's so great. 

well today is crazy. Transfers are tomorrow, but because I am training I am getting my baby at 3:30 today. we have a zone activity and they are bringing a bouncy house INSIDE the church building and we are getting those suits that have velcro all over them and you get to stick to the wall. I'm excited. 

Anyways hope you all have a great week!
--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment