Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 24: If You're Sicky and You Know it, Raise Your Hand

(April 25, 2016)

I have had some crazy dreams.
 
Last night I had a dream that we were all hanging out with Mitt Romney and Obama. Every time I tried to talk to Obama I kept mimicking him and impersonating his voice. Lolz. 

BUT the other dream I had was that our apartment was on fire and we had to escape super quick. I had only a few seconds to grab anything and the only thing I grabbed were my scriptures. I know it sounds like a super dumb dream but it really made me realize how much I love the scriptures. They are seriously the best things ever!!!! We are so lucky to have them!! Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, D&C, and lest we forget the Pearl of Great Price. This is sad to say, but I have never every appreciated or read the scriptures like I do on my mission. The song "Scripture power keeps me safe from sin... The power that I get each time I read." It's so true!!! It really does arm you with power from dat nasty fat Satan. He's so fat. He's so nasty.

Also, I just read the Pearl of Great Price for the first time and OH MY STARS UH-MAZING. We were in Gospel Doctrine and the subject was "study the scriptures" and they asked people to make comments about each book of scripture. They got to Pearl of Great Price and I raised my hand and basically shouted, "Oh. My. GOSH. Book of Moses- AWESOME. Book of Abraham- AWESOME. Joseph Smith-Matthew- HOLY COW. Joseph Smith history- SO SO GOOD!!!" Then our ward mission leader said, "Tell us how you really feel!" It was so funny. Giggles.

Anyways my point of this rant is to say that I truly know that the scriptures can bless you in every aspect of your life. If you're struggling with temptation and sin, READ THE SCRIPTURES. If you are feelin down and in the dumps, READ THE SCRIPTURES. If you hate your life and everyone else, READ THE SCRIPTURES. They really do help. 

Well nothing exciting happened this week. We were sick most of the week and it was wonderful to stare at the walls and contemplate life's greatest questions. OH MY GOSH ALSO I STARTED READING JESUS THE CHRIST AND PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE it is so so so so good. I know for sure I would have never touched it before I had gone on my mission. Definitely wasn't ready. But holy cow. Give it a try if you haven't. It is INCREDIBLE. 

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk all y'all keep it real and count your blessings. Talk to you next week!
--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment