Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 23: Scripture Power Keeps Me Safe From Sin!!!

(April 18, 2016)

kkkkkkkkkkk good week!!!!


I HAD A MIGHTY CHANGE OF HEART!! I am trying so hard to be happy even though everyone we talk to can be..... not as happy! And everything is so much better. Also, lesson learned: specific prayers= specific blessings. Food for thought!!!

Ok so President Wilson has church in our building, so we leave notes on his car alllll the time. He loves it. Yesterday I sent him this: 

" Confucius say: 
President who does not transfer Sister Harmon for President's last transfer shall be blessed tenfold, both temporally and spiritually, and shall reap the harvest thereof." 

And then he texted us and said: 
"I got your note. I refer you to D&C 8:10. I do so in the spirit of fun!" 

Then we replied and said:
"Hahahaha! We refer you to 1 Nephi 3:7. We do so in the spirit of obedience!" 

Then he said:
"That's my kids!!"

It was the greatest!! 

We have been doing a lot of service this week for a family in our ward. They haven't been to church in years, and it's amazing to see how service can really touch people and help them feel Christ's love. Literally the service was not that hard (tearing down wallpaper and WE GOT TO WEAR PANTS) and it's a ton of fun, and the whole family has been so emotional at us coming over and helping. You really don't know the good that you do. I have realized that I want to be more service-oriented in my normal non-missionary life. We don't have to go to Kenya and build houses to do meaningful service. There are people close by that need a smile, a listening ear, and uplifting words. 

MIRACLE (among many): We were trying to figure out how to spend our night cuz plans kinda fell through( mission life) and I felt like we should go see this part member family. As we were driving (it was dusk) we passed this lady that we had talked to once and she was watering her lawn. We kept driving and I kept feeling that that was our purpose and she was who we needed to see. Her name is Alma. I KNOW RIGHT. We got to talk to her and now we are going back on Friday to see her! The Lord works in mysterious ways I tell ya what.

Kkk this is a super quick email but I just want all of you to know that I am so so so so grateful that I get to be doing missionary work right now. 

kk peace!! 

--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment