Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 20: Alyssa is Getting Baptized!!!!

(March 28, 2016)

You heard me!!

This has required a lot of.... patience. But it's happening!!! Alyssa, our 10 year old investigator, will be getting baptized right after the second session of conference on Saturday. Her mom is a reactivated member. I love them!! Ayssa is so cute. She's a girl scout and when we asked her why she wants to get baptized her answer was, "Because I want to live with God again." THAT'S RIGHT!

I cannot speak Spanish. We went over to Aliya, our recent convert's house on Saturday. She was telling us all about how she went to Justin Bieber's concert and was sitting on the front row. I KNOW RIGHT. Anyways her little cousin is Hispanic and so I started saying, "How do I say this in Spanish??" I wanted to know how to say 'kittens are so cute and little" and when I repeated what he said in Spanish apparently I said, "the small cat has red eyes". LOLZ. 

We watched Women's Conference at the stake center on Saturday. It actually made me homesick!! I was wondering if you were at the conference center watching and secretly hoping I'd see your faces in the audience. But unfortunately there's always a billion people there. Oh well. It was an amazing session. 

Our investigator Don came to a baptism with us on Friday. He is doing so great. He has told us 5 times now that he knows it's true and he loves the church. He took his family to catholic mass because that's the only church his wife would go to. "I know there is some spirituality in their somewhere! I'm gonna find it!" He says about his wife. That's the missing piece in this equation. Don's wife. She is suuper not for Mormonism and or religion really. We give him all these homework assignments and he's like, "I keep doing all your assignments and I keep reading and I'll keep doing everything!" He is so great!!!!! We wanted to promise him blessings from getting baptized, but rather than just spouting them off we decided to send him on a scripture chase and find all the promised blessings himself and let DUH SCRIPTURES TESTIFY OF THE TRUTH IF YA KNOW WHATA I'M SAYIN!!!! He doesn't know it yet but he is going to get baptized April 30. It's going to happen.

We are getting free groceries this week. What a blessing considering I have 4 dollars in my bank account. Somehow everything seems to always work out. 

Easter was really good this year. It was great to not have any distractions with bunnys and eggs and CHOCOLATE. It was just pure Atonement. 

Also yesterday at Easter dinner at Bishop's their grandchild comes up to me and says, "This is my Heavenly Father shirt!? LOLZ  I don't even know!! 

Also I was at Aliya's and her gramma was making LEGIT MEXICAN FOODS and she speaks 100% Spanish. I wanted some cheese and I asked her, "Donde estas los quesos?" They all just laughed at me. LOLZ. I tried. 

Kk byyyyyyeee!

--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment