Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 32: The Joys of Motherhood


(June 27, 2016)

This was like my favorite week of my mission. kkkkkk

Monday- we had the FUNNEST zone activity. A member brought a bouncy house and a human fuseball into the church building. It was amazing. We had to leave early because I had to pick up my cute greenie baby at the mission home. I straight up lost both of my name tags within 3 days. They are probably in China by now. I was borrowing sister bigler's name tag (hahaha an elder was like, "whoa, you are BOTH sister Bigler??" And we were like "yeah!! weird huh???), and as I said goodbye to her I handed over her name tag. President was watching me and I said, "I totally lost both my name tags", and he started laughing. Sister Wilson leaves the room and comes back AND PUTS HER NAME TAG ON ME. SO NOW I AM SISTER WILSON. It's amazing. Everyone is so confused, I love it. 

My new companion is Sister Hayes. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. She is seriously my favorite. I feel like she's training me. I have never had such good comp studies and spiritual conversations. UGH she rocks. We have a great time together and she and I have been KILLIN IT. She was born in Kazikstan as an orphan, then got adopted at 4 to an LDS family in Utah. CRAZY right?! She spoke Russian when she was 4! Anyways, we are having a lot of fun together. 

On Sunday Veronica got baptized!!! It was such a great day. It was super awesome because she lives with her mom and grandparents, and her grandpa is an athiest. He's been around the block with missionaries because his daughter is a convert and his wife is suuper less active, so we just never pushed him at all and were just kind to him. Well he has been sitting in on some lessons now and then, and he totally loves us. Last week he opened up to us how he's an athiest and his beliefs. He said that he has never been to any church in 30 years but he decided to go to Veronica's baptism. He didn't even go to his own daughter's baptism! I was leading the music and I looked over at him and he had this big ol grin on his face at me. He was feelin somethin. It was awesome. This could be his time to shine. More deets to come later. 

OH MY GOSH OUR INVESTIGATOR EMMA. She was a former and we went over 3 weeks ago. She was wanting to meet with us like once a week and her mom wanted her to wait until December to get baptized. We went with the flow and BAM. She comes to church every week, reads everything we give her TWICE, and she told us that she wants to get baptized July 30 OK WHAT IS HAPPENING I CAN'T EVEN BREATHE!!!! Ugh so exciting!!! I love her. Her and our recent convert Aliya have totally bonded and are the best of friends. 

SPEAKING OF ALIYA HOLY COW. She comes out with us alll the time. the other day she told us that she started talking to her friend, and she shared the entire restoration AND THEN READ A WHOLE CHAPTER OF THE BOOK OF MORMON WITH HIM. Like seriously we need to get her a name tag stat. She is amazing. We are inception-ing ideas into her head of going on a mission. Her mom is in jail and we wrote a note in a book of mormon and gave it to her mom in jail, and she reads it every day and says it makes her so happy. Amazing. 

My hair has grown like 3 inches. Pre-natals and biotin. IT WORKS. 

After this transfer I will be half way done with my mission. What the heck is life. There is no beginning and there is no end. 

Kkkk byeeeeee!

--
Sister Harmon


                     UMMM...THIS IS THE BEST PICTURE OF MY MISSION!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment