Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 29: Consider the Lilies of the Field


(May 30, 2016)

Ok so many funny things. 

I forgot to tell you guys this. A couple weeks ago I was at the doctors office. The nurse man comes in and he's like "Ok so tell me where it hurts" and I just pointed to my heart and said, "right here" all serious. And he starts making all these notes on his chart and I just busted out laughing!! Hahahahaha I refuse to be serious.

This week was..... sicky! I was sick almost every day this week unfortunately. So not a ton happened. I realized that a lot of people don't know what wheat or gluten means. We texted the members who were feeding us on Monday night and said, "Hey just a reminder, Sister Harmon is allergic to wheat and sugar and happiness. Thanks!" And we got to dinner and the mom is like, "Ok! So I made pasta and bread. Those aren't wheat and stuff right?"I was like WAIT WUT you are April foolsing me right now. So my goal is to ed-u-ma-cate. It was hilarious though. 

OK GUESS WHAT?! This week we had a special guest with us...... **drum roollllll**** Sister Wilson!! President Wilson's spouse, wife, eternal companion, the works. She had us over for lunch and then she spent the afternoon with us. It was SO MUCH FUN!! She is so chill and I learned so much. At first we were like, "Are we in trouble", but she said that she wants to spend time with all the sisters before they go home in a month. I can't believe President and Sister Wilson go home in a month! So cray. 

So I was reading in 3 Nephi 13, the climax of the Book of Mormon basically. I came across verse 28, which reads "Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin." I didn't really think anything of it at first, but then I thought about it. lolz. 

Think about what a lily looks like. It's tall, shoots straight up, and blooms a super big and beautiful flower that's super noticeable and stands out. They don't grow close to the ground and hide either. I thought, 'why would Jesus tell people to look at the lilies?' Because he wants us to grow like that too. He doesn't want us to go back and forth between CTR and CTW (wrong), he wants us to shoot straight up and reach our full potential. In order for lilies to bloom they need good soil, water, and sunlight. We need that too, but spiritually. In Bakersfield, it's SUPER HOT. If you don't water your plants every day and a day of 108 degrees comes your plants will probs wilt. For us, we will have times in our lives where the hot days come- sometimes we can check the weather and see that they're coming and sometimes they come unexpected. If we haven't been watered every day, we might wilt. So WATER YOURSELVES AND READ YOUR SCRIPTURES AND PRAY EVERY DAY DANGIT.

Anyways, that's my spiritual thought for you. Hope you all keep it sassy and classy.
--
Sister Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment