Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week 76: Happy Mother's Day

May 15, 2017

Herrrrooo.

This week in a nutshell. 

We had a lesson with our other Jose. He is the sweetest thing on the planet. He is totally going at his own pace, and he has felt so inadequate to be baptized. We've tried to help him see that he's not and that it's NORMAL to have weaknesses, but he had to realize it on his own. Then a few weeks ago he walked up to us and said, "Sisters! I have news. I am going to be baptized on May 20th." I just stopped breathing. From then on we've been going through the baptismal interview questions and going over all the principles with him. This week we had a YSA worldwide devotional that focused allllll on Joseph Smith. It was SO GOOD. The next day, we had our lesson with Jose and we were asking him about modern-day prophets. "Ya know, I really didn't believe in them. But after watching that devotional last night- yes. I believe." EEEEEEEE YAS JOSE!!! My heart. Then Sister Hayes actually almost passed out and we both got the stomach flu for 3 days so things weren't so eventful after that!!! Lolz. 

We had the departing temple trip this week, but unfortunately I was too sick to go with everyone. I was super bummed because I have been looking forward to it for.... 18 months? Lolz. Then last night President called me and said he and Sister Layton are gonna take me on my own temple trip with them and I'm like THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER FOR MAKING ME SICK IT WAS WORTH IT.

Oh my word. So there is a YSA in our ward who, when I first got here, we decided to go and visit her. She was less-active and then she started coming to church. Then she got a calling as a ward missionary and she has SOARED with it. THEN she joined a sorority with our recent convert at Cal State and she has just bloomed. A few weeks ago she called us and told us about a Mother's Day Brunch that her sorority was having. Her mom passed away 2 years ago, and she asked if we would come instead. We were so honored. It was so much fun and it was such a privilege to be there for her in her time of need. 

Alright you monkeys, I'm outta here. BYYEEE.
--
Sister Harmon





No comments:

Post a Comment