Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Week 69: I Can't Even!!!


March 27, 2017

ALRIGHT, CAN WE JUST GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW?

WE ARE IN THE MIRACLE ZONE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF.

Ok like seriously. YSA is on fire. I am not bragging I SWEAR, but this week we had 20 lessons. TWENTY. I have honestly reached a point of exhaustion that I didn't know was possible. We have no time and it's just go go go. But it's awesome!!  

A few tender mercies of this week include: 

We got a media referral for a guy who wanted a bible. We called him and this was the conversation: 

"Hello?" 
"Hi! Is this Ruben?"
"Yeah it is!"
"Hi! This is the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, how are you?"
"Oh I'm high right now!"
"You're high?"
"Yeah!"
"Ok well we have a free bible for you. Maybe when you're not high we can come bring it to you?" 
"Ok yeah!" 
LOLZ!!!!! 

Our sweet little tuna-fish bell-pepper lolli-pop adORABLE investigator Kami got baptized last Friday!! It was awesome. It was our ward mission leader's first baptism, and half-way through the second talk, I start to hear it.... no... not the spirit.... but the WATER DRAINING OUT OF THE BAPTISMAL FONT!!!!!! I am sitting on the front row right next to Kami, and the ward mission leader is literally right across from me. I start tapping my foot and trying to move my hands so that he'll notice me, but he's just pondering life and the talks and I'm over here like, "WE HAVE A CRISIS BRIAN LOOK AT ME!!!!!"  Finally he looks at me and I mouth to him **THE WATER IS DRAINING** probably with slight Satan eyes no doubt and he runs back there. We had to sing like 20 hymns for them to re-fill the font LOLZ! But she got baptized so it's all guuuuuud. 

So, the other day we were at a coffee shop, waiting for our investigator to show to our appointment. We were sitting there and there was a group of people sitting nearby, and HOLY COW the naughty words and topics coming out of their little mouths was... shocking, honestly. Sister Hayes and I were really uncomfortable and when our investigator texted cancelling, we decided to leave. 

But the spirit was like "Sister Harmon, where do you think you're goin" and I was like FINE!!!!! So we turned around, we walked over to the group, and we said, "Hey how are you guys! Can we give you guys a card from our church?" And they all started laughing and said how embarrassed they were for having such a vulgar conversation lolz! We started chatting and we gave them all Jesus pass-a-long cards and had a great little discussion. You could tell there were quite a few of them who felt the spirit. And guess what. They won't ever forget that little experience because it was so odd and strange and funny. We really don't ever know who is ready we just gotta do it even though it's scary I JUST RHYMED KINDA.

HAHAHA, Elder Ball. He's a senior missionary in charge of the mission money. He's become my best friend, if ya know what I'm SAYIN. Lolz. We came into the mission office the other day. Every time we come in lately, Sister Ball sits me down and gives me marriage advice and Elder Ball throws in his snarky comments and Sister Ball gets all annoyed and it's HILARIOUS. I love them. BUT I DON'T LOVE THE MARRIAGE ADVICE SISTER BALL - CALM YOSELF. 

Elder Ball came in in his socks and I was like "Elder Ball let's take a picture!" and I got it with his socks and he looks at me and says, "Did you take a picture with me in my socks? Ya creep." HAHA!! Love them so much. 

OH MY WORD, STORY TIME. SIT YOUR BUNS DOWN FOR THIS ONE.
Our investigator who walked into the Institute building and asked us if we could teach him? Yeah so we taught him the restoration and we taught it twice so he could really understand it. In our round 2 of the restoration here's how the conversation went:

"So Jayden here's the thing. We really don't want you to take our word for it. We want you to ask God if this is true. And he'll tell you. Would you ask-"

"Oh I already have. I got that warm burning feeling inside...?"

UM OK THEN LET'S SET A DATE!!!!!!!

ok byyyyeeeeeeeee💃💃💃💃💃
-- 
Sister Harmon







No comments:

Post a Comment