Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Week 61: Those Young-ins Doe


January 30, 2017

A week of giggles, gaggles, and young single adults.

The biggest adjustment so far to serving in the YSA ward is watching the couple in front of me in sacrament meeting all cuddly and in my head I'm just like EXCUSE ME WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING? CUDDLING AND DATING IS NOT ALLOWED. I'm still adjusting. Lolz. 

Sooooooo yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh transfers! Ugh so sad to say goodbye to Sister Carter. But the beautiful thing about change is there is ALWAYS something amazing and exciting to look forward to. With every sad goodbye to a companion or an area, I have seen that every new companion and area has been an amazing adventure. So transfers are a good thing. My new compy boo/victim is Sister Clegg. We are together in YSA, where the city of Bakersfield is our oyster. Here are the highlights of this week: 

We go to a looot of activities in YSA. FHE, Institute, linger longers, etc. It's a lot of fun! Since I have served a lot of my mission in Bakersfield, I have met a lot of YSA people already, so it's been really fun to see everyone and now serve in their ward! I am so excited to help them all with  member missionary work. I wish I had known how to be a better missionary during my Disney College Program and working at the Color Run. I was a complete retard. But repentance is real, and so is the Smoke shop and liquor store right across the street from our apartment. I can't tell you the enjoyment that comes to my soul to live in the crazy part of town. FINALLY!!!!!! 

We are working a lot with Bakersfield College. We walked around campus and got our bearings, and it made me realize how grateful I am for BYU. There really is a spirit about that campus that you can't find anywhere else. I was in complete shock to see people smoking on campus. I am such a sheltered child. I am so excited to paint the campus Mormon. Gon be sick. 

YSA- AGE PEOPLE ARE SO READY TO HEAR THE GOSPEL, LEMME TELL YOU. 

So we were driving from our district meeting, and we saw a guy selling fresh fruit from his truck. A common occurance in Bakersfield. We decided to pull over and get some uh dat goodness even though all I had was a handful of pennies in my purse and to my name. We run up to the man- "HOLA HI THERE!!!!!!! Mango for money?" and he just looks at us. Lolz! We give him all our pennies and a Book of Mormon and he let us have a mango!! Ha!!! Then he gave us back the Book of Mormon and we made him take a card. We drove away and then we realized that Sister Clegg had a 5 dolla holla bill in her white handbook. Tender mercies. We pull over again- "HOLLA WE ARE BACK!!!!" this guy probs hates missionaries forever now. Got some fresh strawberries too. I love Bakersfield.

Wellllllllll the time's been a'flyin this week. We've been super busy and it's been super awesome. The Lord knows what we need and where we need to be. All we gotta do is T-R-U-S-T. 

K byyeeeeee!!!! 

Seester Harmon








No comments:

Post a Comment