Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Week 66: IT'S HAPPENING!!


March 6, 2017

Ok so first item of business YOU ARE ALL LITERALLY GOING TO PASS OUT ON THE CONCRETE, SO CALL 9-1-1 AHEAD OF TIME! ARE YOU READY?!

So. Saturday morning. Sister Clegg and I are doin our thang, nah boo nah. All of the sudden the AP's are calling. WELL, what do they want. Oh my goodness it's transfer calls. CRAP. Sister Clegg is leaving, which is the biggest shock considering everything that is currently going on in our area and life. I am super bummed because we had a good thing goin BUT THEN THE GREATEST NEWS OF 2017- MY NEW COMPANION IS SISTER SOPHIE HAYES, AKA MY BABY, AKA THE ASIAN I TRAINED IN STOCKDALE, AKA MY NEW COMPANION

I CANNOT EVEN RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Like. What did I do before coming to this earth to deserve such a gift. 

Oh my gosh. Ok so Saturday night we had stake conference and of course President Layton is there. Afterward he walks over to me and I just start bouncing up and down and giggling like a complete retard. I'm like, "So transfers huh?!" 

President: "The Lord told me this is what we needed to do."

Me: "I LIKE THE LORD."

President: "Ya know what I think? I think the Lord put the two of you together before to prepare you to be togther now. Together, the two of you can change the world." My heart melted into a warm puddle on the floor. I am seriously SO EXCITED for the future. 

Currently, the YSA is on the brink of complete explosion. President wants to put another set of missionaries in and he said, "Whenever you don't have enough time to teach all your investigators we'll get more missionaries." We are almost to that point but I am holding out until we have to have lessons at 6:30am. We had to have one at 8 this week so we are close BUT NOT CLOSE ENOUGH SO HA!! 

This just happened this week and I kid you not. Our recent convert of 3 weeks invited her cousin to church and institute, and on our second lesson last night: "So, I wanted to talk to you guys about what I have to do to join the church and become a member. I told my old church I'm leaving, so I'm all in." UM EXCUSE ME, CAN I PLEASE HUG YOUR FACE?!?! Literally. Miracles are everywhere. 

Ok. Best day of my life. Emma got baptized this past weekend. She just turned 18, lives at home, and her mom has never supported the idea. When she called me to tell me she was getting baptized I was like oh my word your mom doesn't mind?? Well it turns out, she told her mom, "Hey so today the missionaries invited me to go to a baptism for someone so I'm gonna go and then I'll be back" but she forgot to mention that the baptism was FOR HER - MINOR DETAIL!!! 

The greatest part of this whole situation is that both Sister Hayes and I BOTH taught Emma before, and now Emma is coming to the YSA ward, and we both get to teach her the new member lessons. LIKE THIS IS MORE THAN COINCIDENTAL, THE LORD IS AMAZING!!!

Well that's all I have to say. I HAVE 2 TRANSFERS LEFT AND I HATE EVERYTHING AND IF ANYONE ASKS ME ONE MORE TIME WHEN I COME HOME, I AM LITERALLY NEVER TALKING TO YOU AGAIN - AND THAT WAS ME SAYING THAT NICELY. 

--
Sister Harmon










No comments:

Post a Comment